Thursday, June 11, 2009

Venice-unique and wonderful

Even a stinky hotel can not spoil Venice~
We loved this city--

Box-spring mattress--
gas (fumes not body odor) filled room
we put"Lush" soap and lotions out
to mask the smell--
but it was clean!

the world's smallest shower--

But look at the magic of Venice:

amazing night light



words and photos can not describe
how "cool" this city is.



Doge's Palace

We love Venice--have I made that clear?

so elegant--
who lives here--I want to come back

Murano Island
glass-blowing factory
you should see our "souvenir"

Crazy, Brilliant, Bright, Burano Island

Burano Venetian Lace


St. Mark's


I really can't believe I am eating
dinner in Venice--crazy!!
How do they do that?
floating buildings?
View from the bell tower


Our gondola ride--
beautiful, peaceful
What a way to travel
So much beauty--so little time
now on to Paris!!

2 comments:

  1. How did you order dinner in Venice, i saw the menu behind you....i could only make out Spaghetti!! WOW looks like you guys are having a blast, totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We knew a little italian (very little) the waitress knew more english!!
    Did you see that "Coke Zero" is a universal language!!

    ReplyDelete