Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Jason Mraz--word master!!

We sing, We dance, We steal things.....

(newest CD title, in case you were wondering!)

Yes, Jason Mraz in concert--
His Gratitude Cafe tour--
amazing!!


I have now gotten so rebellious . . .
I have become a
line-cutting,
camera smuggling,
food hiding,
concert dancing,,
music fan!!

Here we are cutting into line
after we realized there was only
one entrance gate open--
at the opposite side of the park!!
I made Ron do it--
we just avoided eye contact with those around us!!

(ok, Ron just proof-read this and was horrified that
I admitted to line-cutting,
I told him I had to keep it real--
besides no one reads this and
we are too old to prosecute!)


(see the long line in the distance?--it was even longer behind us!)
we just squeezed in by the lamp post--
shhh, no one noticed!!
great venue--
but the signs said "no cameras or food"
right, everyone was taking photos--
I wasn't the only one breaking the law!!


beautiful sunset--
unlike the gorge, no rain or wind--
just a perfect night-
with a rising moon.


G Love and Special Sauce was again
the opening act--
He was good--


I was beginning to worry though--
everyone (but the kids up front)
was sitting down--
chairs and blankets--
a bit too comfy for me--
how was I suppose to DANCE!!?


getting darker--and still everyone SAT

G Love left the stage-
someone needs to get him a record deal--
he's done the coke commercial-
now he needs to go big time!

we now were waiting for Jason Mraz--

I had stopped using my iPhone camera
and had taken out the real one--
everyone was flashing photos--
really, just change the rule and make us
law- abiding citizens

Ron took photo of me--


so I had to take one of him--

see we don't look too old to be concert groupies!!
except that yes, we brought chairs
instead of sitting on the grass--
you know the bad back, creaky knees thing...


Then Jason and band came on--
WOW
what an amazing display of word play--
his songs are like
rapid-fire poetry


Can you see the photo of Jason on the back screen--
cool, right?


As you can see,
when Jason appeared--
EVERYONE stood--
Yeah, now I can DANCE!!

His horn section was GREAT--
not only did they sound amazing but
they had Motown-dance moves!
gotta love a horn that moves!!


again, cool screen shot--

This was my favorite screen shot--

It was hard to focus
and dance and sing
at the same time--
so please acknowledge my
amazing photo skills!!


Here's a bright-light crowd shot --
I wanted to take a photo of the
woodstock-era dancing chick next to Ron
but I thought it might be a bit obvious!!
then again she did seem to be in her own world,
and no, my dancing was WAY better!!




Oh, over all ready--
didn't last long enough
even though they played for 2 hours


They thanked the audience, bowed
and started shaking the audience's hands--
cool band--

so besides my amazing photography
I tried my hand at videos--
There are 3 below--
hope they make you sing and dance--
(maybe I better be happy if they just work !)



1 comment: