Monday, November 1, 2010

Concerts of the year!!

We were suppose to go to this first concert for our Anniversary in
November 2009--but Elton got sick and it was postponed until Feb.
We had to re-arrange our Maui trip to arrive in time--
we took the red-eye flight to Seattle
and then Embassy Suites at SeaTac was great and
let us check in early-- take a nap, shower
AND visit Michael's family.
So with only about 4 hours of sleep--
we arrived at Key Arena for
the Billy Joel --Elton John
Face to Face concert!!

And it was amazing!!
A little background:
Our first concert together,
when we were engaged,
was to see Billy Joel.
We have every album (yes vinyl)--
Our children grew up listening to,
memorizing his lyrics and
the tunes of Billy were heard
on every family road trip!!


oh, and Elton John was good too!!

Yes, I did wear the shirt--
didn't buy it at the concert--
cheaper online!!
Two Baby Grands...

TWO LEGENDS!!




We were sitting around OLD people who
didn't get up and dance--
but I wanted to!
When we finally did,
Steven's friend, Byron and his wife
who were about 5 rows behind us,
ran down and
took this photo
saying it was "so cool"
(why? we are not THAT old!!)

Too long of time between concerts--
The next one was in August--
The John Mayer and Keith Urban
CrossRoads concert
at the Gorge at George:

We ate our dinner on the grass before we
moved to our seats by the stage!!

Here are our seats--
next to young people so that I can Dance!

Keith Urban put on a great show--
very inter-active with audience

I didn't realize how great of a guitar player he was

Then John joined him....
wow

I mean--really good!

really good music
and some great hair!

we are still trying to figure out how to take photos
of ourselves
(Ron gets embarrassed when I keep asking others
to do it!!

Then John Mayer by himself


Then the two of them again--
it was like almost 3 concerts--
Keith
John
and John and Keith together--


After an amazing encore set!!

The last concert of the year--
one of our favorites--
Dave Matthews Band
Here is Dave talking it up
while the warm up band gets ready

Not the best photo of us--but the only one taken--
because a Nazi security guy came up to me and
said
"don't you know you are at a concert"
when I said "Yes"
he informed me that I couldn't take photos--
like, seriously--
EVERYONE was taking photos--
everyone has a cell phone--
what was he talking about--
and because he continued to stand right in front of us,
I had to wait until it was dark to start
taking photos--
everyone around us just laughed and
said he was telling them the night before the same thing
so that's why no cool photos of ron and i

But as you can see,
I got some great ones of the band!!
(ron didn't realize he was marrying such a rebel!)

OH, Ben Harper also "guest" appeared--
nice.....

Their giant screens are great!!
you can see EVERYTHING!!


The band has the coolest
electrical-violin player--
Boyd Tinsley--
and he also has some great dreads!

It's always a hugh crowd
for the 3-day Labor Day concert--
on top of all that craziness there
was also a full moon!!

and fireworks in the dry grass
parking lot!!


I mean seriously,
dry-grass
and fireworks
don't go together!!
But we had a great time--
and made it home in time
for a 4 hour nap before church!

I need to thank my wonderful husband
who allows me to fulfill my dreams of
being a rock star--
but, I actually think he is starting
to like that side of me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment