Sunday, October 23, 2011

Land of Enchantment...with some Pinterest thrown in!

This summer has been filled with travel...
we've visited some exotic locations....
but we have especially enjoyed when we visit our children...

After Morgan and Jacob re-located to New Mexico,
we decided that we should take down her bedroom furniture and
other miscellaneous "stuff"

Morgan had introduced me to the Pinterest app
and also mentioned to her father how much
she would like a barn door headboard...
well, Ron loves a wood project so
we surprised her and Jacob with one.

Here he is putting the finishing touches on it



We bought new hardware and then made it "vintage"


I then finished it with Danish oil ...

and violá.... here's the masterpiece!


We rented a Penske truck and it filled it up--
I told Morgan that I guess it was time to take apart her room,
since she'd been gone for a few years...

and that's when she reminded me that
she had been married going on 5 years!!!
HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

So I guess it's time to take down her high school memorabilia and
have that writing/ craft room I have always dreamed of!!



A photo of me driving the truck...
yes, I did drive--
....a little!

We saw some amazing scenery



We listened to books on tape...
and when I thought Ron was falling asleep,
I would crank up the tunes and
sing REALLY loud...
can you tell how much Ron appreciated that!

Another cool rock formation

See, look,
he is smiling a little...
he did enjoy my attempts at entertainment!
(and singing!)


When we arrived, Jacob's parents had us over for dinner
and Darrell offered Ron a chance to take his bike for a spin...
I have tried in our 32+ years to keep him off a motorcycle
(ask him about getting hit while riding one in high school)
but I know he will probably want one soon!

In addition to the headboard,
Ron and I had "found" a pallet for Morgan,
another Pinterest idea
and Ron found the perfect spot for it

Ron then hung the barn doors
(using a french cleat of course!)


and then Matea and Ron had to test it out

As a reward for all his hard work...
Jacob and Morgan took us out for some
authentic southwest food... yum!



After working so hard
Ron took some time to play with Matea....
And some snuggle time...


Matea loved Morgan's "Cinderella" bed
that we set up in the guest room
I forgot to take photos of the bed,
I was so busy taking them of Matea

But Matea was more thrilled with her nursery
after Morgan got done decorating it....
Here she is watching us put it all together...

The decorative wall....



The new curtains,
and subway name sign


Her heart mobile...
If you want to see more photos of her nursery,
check out Morgan's blog:

http://jacobandmorganrogers.blogspot.com/2011/08/pinterest-made-me-do-it.html


Ron had to fly back to work,
while I got to spend the week crafting and playing

Here's Ron and Matea one more time


We re-purposed Morgan's dresser for use in the
dining room as a sideboard

I had so much fun with Morgan and Jacob,
we went to Jacob's soccer games-
we created more crafts,
we went to Matea's doctor appointments and
made lots of trips to Hobby Lobby!!

I will miss my girls....(Morgan's a pro at doing most things one-handed!)

We had such a good time
that I think we need to do it more often....
hmmmm.....checking my calendar!


On my way home,
we flew over Lake Cle Elum
isn't that an amazing shot!
Next blog....
our Labor Day weekend with Michael's family

No comments:

Post a Comment