We visited Steven and Meredith in between his surgical and pediatrics rotation...
Which coincided with the leaf changing season in New Hampshire....perfect!
We flew out of Seattle on the red-eye to Boston on Thursday
Here I am with straight hair...quite the change--
whenever I get a "cut and color" all my curls go wacky,
so lately I have been having Kori give me a blow out--
so for 3 days, Ron has a different wife...
I think he likes that a bit too much!! haha
see, what I mean!
but I have to admit, it is fun to be different once in awhile!
We arrived while Meredith was at work and Steven was on call,
so we took them up on their offer of a nap and a sneak peek at their
new place in a 19th century farmhouse!
We were so happy to see them...
and here they are now,
One of our main reason to visit them,
to bring BABY GIFTS
So we had our own baby shower!
I even brought a "New Mom" tiara for Meredith to wear
while we opened the presents....
My children know that I am not a real "seamstress" so
any thing I sew, I sew mainly with LOVE not expertise!
But lately I have been having fun with
baby flannel
making blankets and burp cloths...
I also crocheted a "blessing" blanket for baby boy maxfield,
I think it's somewhere there in the "haul"
including Mariner paraphernalia
along with a few shopping trips to Carter's...
(there are a lot of cute baby boy clothes out there!)
We went out to eat a couple of times,
once at the Hanover Inn across from the Dartmouth Green
On Steven's one day off, Saturday, we took a trip to Woodstock Vermont--
on the way we stopped at the Farmer's Diner for lunch in Quechee
They were having a antique fair --so we just had to check it out
After finding my Bell canning jars and snowshoes for our cabin
(that became our carry-on luggage when we flew home!)
We went for a hike up Mt. Tom that over-looks Woodstock,Vermont
this photo is kind of funny...
it looks like Ron is creepy behind
Steven and Meredith!!
Almost to the top, there was a "walden-style" pond
Meredith had taken the hike last year with the YW
and she remembered it being a nice little "stroll"
It was beautiful, but it was longer than a stroll
Meredith was a trooper and only needed a few rests along the way
baby boy maxfield seem to enjoy the hike!
the VIEW....worth the hike
resting at the over-look
Ron and I enjoying the scenery
and of course no matter where they are, the maxfield boys
will find a way to make it into a SPORT--
here they are playing acorn baseball!!
wrestling to see who wins!
and showing their "love" for the camera!
We took a detour on the way back....
along the "one less Traveled" path...
not sure it was faster....
but it was fun!!
we got back to the parking lot--
AFTER closing...
but they hadn't locked us in...
thank heavens...
our little stroll ended up over two hours!
On Sunday, Steven was on call,
so before we went to church,
we meet him in the hospital cafeteria for lunch
On Monday,
we left Hanover and drove an hour to meet our friends,
the Conlans,
(yes, the ones we visited in Spain)
they have retired in a picture perfect location an hour from
Steven's--can you believe that!
they took us on another "stroll" around their winter wonderland,
Here is Ron with Mike and Claudia in their picturesque
New England village
we hiked back along the cross-country ski trails right to their front door.
We flew out of Boston that afternoon and arrived back in Seattle by midnight-
a fast fun weekend--
We loved seeing Steven and Meredith and helping them with the
nursery and being a part of their lives.
We are excited to see baby boy maxfield
and know that they will be great parents!!




















what a fun trip
ReplyDeletenice. It is so beautiful there, even better are the people! glad you had a nice time
ReplyDelete